The Cotswolds isnt a one size fits all destination. Its a place where theres a great variety of things to do, for all ages, tastes and interests. At Jigsaw Holidays we welcome anyone to come and stay with us no matter what theyre into and enjoy making great memories at our properties. Weve got all the information you need about all adventure in the Cotswolds great and small, proving that theres something for everyone.
Adventure in the Cotswolds...
For the young at heart
Classic traditions, relaxed afternoons and plenty of laughs are rife in our area, offering a great selection of activities and adventure in the Cotswolds. From tea dances to live music and driving tours, a trip away to the Cotswolds offers plenty for those looking for a more relaxed getaway.Our picks:
- The Tea Dance at Cheltenham Town Hall: Every month Cheltenham Town Hall plays host to a tea dance which offers a fun, sociable afternoon for people of all ages to get together and enjoy plenty of live music and dancing.
- Cotswolds Driving Tours: Driving tours are a great way to explore the Cotswolds at your own pace. There are plenty of great routes to take including the historical route and of course the more vintage routes which take you through classic Cotswolds stores and different fairs and exhibitions.
- Highgrove Gardens: Explore the residence of the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall. With afternoon tea , special events and beautiful gardens to explore, Highgrove is full of hidden treasures.
For the bride to be and her friends
Away from the bright lights of the city, the Cotswolds offers plenty for a girls weekend or a more sophisticated hen party. Afternoon tea, spa days and vintage delights are all you need for a perfect weekend away or adventure in the Cotswolds.Our picks:
- Afternoon tea at The Three Choirs Vineyard: This Gloucestershire Vineyard is a beautiful spot to spend a girly afternoon sipping tea (or champagne) on the terrace. Who says outdoor adventures need to be active?
- Cowley Manor: Blissful luxury just two hours out of London? Cowley Manor has it all. Enjoy relaxing spa days with treatments and wonderful facilities whilst enjoying the view from one of the Cotswolds most beautiful manors.
- The Cotswold Vintage Fair: A great place to pick up some decorative bargains for your wedding, antique homewares and other great vintage items, a day of bargain hunting is the perfect way to have fun with the girls.
For the lads weekend away
Looking for a bit of adventure in the Cotswolds? There are plenty of great activities for the lads weekend. Try some of the Cotswolds more unusual activities for an unforgettable weekend.Our picks:
- Opposite Steer Golf Buggy: Golf doesnt have to be your thing to enjoy this unique experience, have fun and get competitive with this hilarious teambuilding activity.
- Gloucester Ski and Snowboard Centre: Who needs the Alps to enjoy skiing? The centre is open all-year round providing a great opportunity to learn how to navigate the slopes and show off your skills.
- Great Escape Classic Car Hire: If youve ever fancied channelling your inner bod or even being one of the Peaky Blinders boys, this is the activity for you. Hire a classic car just north of the Cotswolds and explore those great country roads.
For the foodies
Food lovers will be pleased to know that there are all sorts of food experiences to enjoy in the Cotswolds. From gin tasting to cookery schools, enjoy a taste of country life with all the foodie delights on offer. After all, who saysadventure in the Cotswolds can't extend to the palate too?Our Picks:
- Daylesford Cookery School: If youve ever wanted to learn how to make artisan bread or cook game birds, heres the place to do it. A charming setting with plenty of lessons to choose from, youll dazzle everyone with your new culinary skills.
- Brennen and Brown Gin: For something a bit different to wine tasting, the experts in all things gin offer a variety of experiences from gin tasting sessions to the craft of gin making. As they say themselves, theres always time for gin!
- The Cotswold Brewing Co: If youre a part of the craft beer movement, youll love a tour of one of its UK homes. Enjoy samples, learn the craft yourself and celebrate all thats great about the British brew.
For those who love to go off the beaten track
Its no secret that the Cotswolds is a popular tourist destination, but if youre a frequent visitor or youd like an adventure in the Cotswolds that gives you the opportunity to discover something unknown to the masses, there a number ofexperiences you can enjoy.Our Picks:
- Great Tew: A picturesque village a few miles north of Chipping Norton, its a great place to enjoy some beautiful buildings and cottages and explore a quiet, traditional Cotswolds village.
- Coln St Adlwyns: If you want to head to one of the less touristy spots in the Cotswolds, then this picturesque village is the place to go with plenty of things to see amongst the 18th century buildings and of course, The New Inn pub.
- Minster Lovell Hall: A bit of a hidden gem in the Cotswolds, you can explore the ruins of the 15th century Minster Lovell Hall. There are also some other nearby sights including the North Leigh Roman Villa and the Rollright Stones.
For those with big imaginations
The Cotswolds is a great location to enjoy a family holiday. There's certainly plenty of activities and adventure in the Cotswolds to choose from that will keep children of all ages entertained, as well as their parents!Our Picks:
- Birdland Park and Gardens: Offering something a bit different to your typical animal park, Birdland gives children the chance to get up close and feed the penguins, learn about the dinosaurs and see some of the other feathered creatures which call Birdland their home.
- Blenheim Palace: Offers plenty of history and art for adults, whilst children will love the giant mazes, the miniature railway, large scale chess board and of course, a Jungle Jim making sure that theres plenty to entertain everyone during your visit.
- Magicland: You cant always guarantee the weather, so if youre faced with a rainy day then this huge soft play area should help to keep the children active. There are plenty of activities available for adventurous children as well as a number of special events taking place throughout the year.
For active adventurers
An adventure in the Cotswolds wouldn't be complete without abit of outdoor adventure and excitement. From water sports to shooting and other activities, the Cotswolds is a popular destination for those who like a more active break.Our Picks:
- Rob Ireland Activity Days: Featuring almost every kind of activity under the sun, Rob Ireland offers a wide range of things to try for people of all ages. From fly-fishing to off-road 4 x 4 driving, youll be sure to find a new and exciting activity to try.
- Ballooning in the Cotswolds: What better way to explore the Cotswolds than by air? With a range of different options available as well as special picnic and champagne deals, this is a great way to add a classic twist to your Cotswold adventure.
- The Gloucestershire Rally School: Like a bit of Top Gear-style racing? Then this great rally-driving experience could be perfect for you. Offering rally experiences for ages 10 and up, its a great way for the family to spend the day or for groups of friends to challenge each other on the track.
For animal lovers
With so much nature to enjoy, its natural that the Cotswolds would be a popular place for wildlife lovers to get to grips with nature. Wildlife parks, sanctuaries and specialist centres offer plenty of adventure in the Cotswolds for those who love all creatures great and small and seek to pursue the quieter side of adventure and activity.Our Picks:
- Cotswold Wildlife Park: Set within a beautiful location, Cotswold Wildlife Park is home to animal species from all over the world, including rhinos and big cats, providing a great opportunity to observe some truly magnificent creatures.
- The Bird and Deer Park Prinknash: Packed with plenty of birds in an open and striking location, youll love exploring the parks many attractions. Keep an eye out for the various deer species which also call the park their home, theyre a sight to be seen.
- Bibury Trout Farm: One of the oldest trout farms in the country, this attractive location offers plenty of grounds to explore, and the opportunity to witness the wildlife that exists within it.
For film lovers
The Cotswolds has proven to be a popular location for many film and television series. From Hollywood blockbusters to home-grown drama, take the chance to have an adventure in the Cotswolds that explores some of the most recognisable parts of this beautiful part of the UK.Our Picks:
- Bampton: Doubling up in many locations for Downton in TVs Downton Abbey, youll recognise many familiar spots from the much loved drama on your travels.
- Puzzlewood: Featuring most recently in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, as well as the Harry Potter series, Merlin and Jack the Giant Slayer, these magnificent woods offer plenty of adventure.
- Gloucester Cathedral: Another magnificent Cotswolds filming location, Gloucester Cathedral has played host to Hogwarts as well as featuring in Doctor Who, Sherlock and Wolf Hall.
Whatever your preferred way to spend your day, youll find exactly what youre looking for in the Cotswolds. With something for everyone, you can pick your own adventure in the Cotswolds and create some wonderful memories along the way. Our Jigsaw properties are located near a number of top attractions whilst others are a short drive, providing you with the perfect base to relax after a hectic day. Take a look at our available properties here and book your stay.